Employers large and small need to understand how immigration policy updates and enforcement affect their workplace compliance status. In a time of ramped-up government inspections, lack of preparation or information can leave businesses facing penalties. In fact, common structural changes like mergers, reorganizations, downsizing, relocations and layoffs require employers to reassess documentation for visa-holding employees and potentially notify government agencies. Knowing what to do is half the battle.
Immigration Practice Co-Chairs Alka Bahal, Ali Brodie and Catherine Wadhwani offer a free webinar on November 13, Immigration Compliance: What Employers Need To Know, that focuses on key issues facing employers who hire personnel from all corners of the globe.
• The immigration landscape in 2018 under the Trump administration
• Current Form I-9 requirements – avoiding potential pitfalls
• Organizational tips and best practices
• Proactive steps to improve your compliance program
• Audits and inspections by ICE and Department of Homeland Security
The event is open for registration through November 11.